- We will continue with the Anatomy unit/Standard 8. We will discuss why study Anatomy in cosmetology, the students will continue to read Chapter 6, Anatomy & Physiology, and then continue answering the review questions at the end of the chapter. We will address the areas licensed cosmetologists are able to provide services
- Anatomy/Skeletal System: We will continue practicing modeling the skeletal diagrams/graphic organizer
- Peer Teaching by Groups: Students will begin the Summative Assessment process with the Skeletal system.
- Performance Assessments correlated with Anatomy unit: students will be allowed to provide cosmetology services: manicure/pedicure, facial, scalp massage during shampoo services.
- Monday: Common Assessment
- Students should complete Chapter 16/Hairstyling review questions at the end of the chapter.
- We will continue working on performance assessments: pin curls and bases. Any student needing to do their fingerwave and/or roller-set performance assessments may do so.
- We will continue with our weekly time/grade sheets, which forces students to be accountable and self-regulated learners. Grade sheets are due every Friday.
- Common Assessment
- Students will work on their "Standards Wall" PBL. Students will work on standard 9, 1-8 should already be completed, creatively displaying the standards, demonstrations and labeling that matches each standardard--unpacking the standards. should be unpacked.
- Students will fingerwave for portfolio styles
- Our Final Exam Performance is Friday, October 30th. We will work on fantasy hair and make-up. The first half of class will be set aside for developing your portfolio with content/theory/performance assessments and the 2nd half will be set aside for show practice.
- Performance and Progression Formative Assessments on Friday: The Standards Wall, fingerwaving, the Cosmetology Show