HS-CS-I-7. Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of anatomy as it relates to massage in facials, manicures, and pedicures. Students will demonstrate knowledge of anatomy as it relates to bone structure and muscle contours in hair cutting, facials, and makeup.
Complete and discuss Chapter Review: Anatomy and Physiology
- Describe the importance of anatomy and physiology to the cosmetology profession.
- Explain cells, their structure, and their reproduction.
- Define tissue and name the types of tissues found in the body.
- Demonstrate the proper massage procedures in manicures, pedicures, and facial massage.
HS-CS-II-3. Students will study the fundamental theory and skills required to shampoo and create various hair styles and shapes.Continue current Unit: HairStyling
HS-ACS-9. Students will create various wearable and marketable day, evening, and formal hairstyles on live models/mannequins using hair design principles.
- Demonstrate clockwise and counterclockwise moldings and shapings.
- Identify the parts of a pincurl.
- Identify stem directions used in roller setting and explain their functions.
- Demonstrate roller placement in relation to various bases.
- Explain the principles of finger waving.
- Demonstrate various finger wave techniques on a mannequin.